Greetings from Alaska!
I’ve been behind on my weekly updates due to my work travel schedule and now I’m on vacation with my family for two weeks. I’ve ranged from 156.0 to 157.2 in the last two weeks. Here in Ketchikan, Alaska (small town with population 8,600), there is no gym, no scale, no fitness buddies, and no nutritionist here. So, all my tools are in my head. Everything is all me! I still want to continue healthy diet and a lifestyle despite being away from my normal routine–which is a challenge–especially when you are surrounded by fellow foodies! So, in this time of being away, I will allow myself to splurge a little bit, but I will not allow myself to completely lose what I have worked for in these last several months. Now is the time to not be so crazy strict on reaching a numeric goal, but to embrace the present and live life!
Healthy things I need to remember: while I’m on a two week vacation:
- Spiritual – Nature is absolutely gorgeous here! Breathe in the clean air! I’m surrounded by gorgeous trees and tons of lakes, streams, and straits!
- Diet – Stick to 350-450 calorie breakfast, lunch, and dinners.
- Diet Eat your broccolini! It is my magic vegetable!
- Diet Don’t slip into eating fried foods–I’ve had fried shrimp twice already (they were fresh wild caught prawns, so I had to try them fried of course!)
- Fitness Be active every day—I took a 45 minute afternoon hike around a lake yesterday with the kiddoes and took a 1 hour long walk around the neighborhood and downtown Ketchikan this morning.
- Diet Drink lots of water!
- Diet Have carbs (rice, tortilla, bread) during day.
- Diet Eat fruit 3 times/day!
- Diet Take advantage of eating the wild caught fish, shrimp, and crab here! I really don’t have a desire to eat meat right now.
- Health – Get sleep–this is a time to sleep in and not feel pressured to get up at 6:00 a.m. like I normally do.
- Health – Relax, enjoy the moment, and have fun with my family! Life is about precious moments, and appreciating what is happening NOW! (Most important)
- Spiritual – Pray and give thanks to God for blessing me with this special opportunity to be here in a place and blessing me with a wonderful family.
#tmillerproject #alaska2015 #millerbrueschfamilyvacay #gettingtofit2015